Have you ever met someone? Liked them? Thought they liked you? Turned out, they didn’t? Then your brain will have been in overdrive thinking about the apparent lack of interest. I know I’m not the only one who drives themselves crazy with it. So here are 10 things, I think when a guy is being an absolute bloody fool. Because I’m a peach, goddammit.
1. Just because he hasn’t messaged me back for 5 days doesn’t mean he’s not interested. He could be really busy with work. Or outside hobbies. His phone could be broken. Or he might not have access to Internet. What if he lost his thumb in an industrial accident and is therefore unable to type? Or he moved to a new area with absolutely no signal? I mean he was definitely interested so he must have a good excuse for not messaging back. MAYBE HE’S DEAD?
2. Ok maybe he WAS interested but has met someone else. Who is she though? Is she hotter than me? Funnier? Does she tell a better Irish joke? Maybe she does yoga and is all bendy and shit. Or maybe she can use the snapchat filters better than me. Ugh I bet she’s sent him a snap with the dog filter. Whore. She’s definitely just a more convenient interest for him. He likes me more but she’s just more available. Yep, that’s it.
3. Ok maybe he WAS interested but then reflected on our time spent together and is now horrified. So he was definitely in love with me on our date. There’s no other explanation. I had him laughing. We were touching CONSTANTLY. He mentioned future dates. The frisson of lust was palpable BUT MAYBE HE OVERHEARD ME DO A WEE. Or saw that bit of toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Did I have something in my teeth? Or was my mascara on my chin? Do I actually repulse him?
4. Ok he’s not interested because I’m not his type. I know his type. He’s never actually told me his type. And his ex looks a lot like me BUT I can tell he likes pretty, petite girls. Tanned skin and well moisturised. And I’m a pale freak who’s had one too many Mac and Cheese burgers and who’s in desperate need of a pedicure. Ugh he’s definitely one of those dickheads that puts looks above personality. How superficial?
5. Maybe he was interested but then I had sex with him? He’s one of those misogynistic pricks that wants a girl to put out but then is morally outraged by her apparent lack of ethics and decorum. But…but…I know I’m bomb in the sack so what terrible logic is that?
6. Maybe he was interested but then I was actually crap in bed? Like maybe he was ready to wife me up there and then but I accidentally used my teeth in my drunken state and it put him off *it* and me forever?
7. He IS interested but a relationship is too complicated. I mean, we are quite far? And I do write about dating. We are both extremely busy. Yes that’s it. He’s 1000% head over heels but our differences are causing him to lose the ability to converse with me.
8. Maybe I’m *too* good for him? This makes total sense. I know I blew him away when we met. I was just as funny as he was. Just as smart. I scrubbed up like an absolute diamond. The chemistry was off the chizzle. My amazingness freaked him out. Hey, it happens!
9. Maybe I’m not good enough for him? He was really funny. And very handsome. Intelligent. Independent. All box ticky and shit. Maybe he knew that? Maybe he looked at me, with my terribleness with money, constant attention needing, awful John Wayne jokes and holes in my tights and realised he could do better?
10. Maybe I just don’t care if he’s interested or not. If he is, he’d make more of an effort. If he isn’t. He’s MENTAL. I mean, he’s met me. I’m great. His bleeding well loss.
After a perceived rejection, whether outright or just a sharp phasing out of contact, you can’t help but question your self. It’s a confidence rocker! But just remember that you are amazing, gorgeous, funny, intelligent and a TOTAL catch. Anyone too blind to see that, is an absolute cuntbag.
Yes, I may be trying to reassure myself there.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.