Now most things you would do on a date can be transferable to several locations. Mainly ones like: snog, have an awkward silence and drill them about all past relationships and dalliances. However these are things I’ve done in London and they would all make for bloody good dates.
1. I teamed up with Citizen M mag to hit up Honest Burgers in Brixton. You can read their feature, and many more about other great date locations, here. I was too busy dripping melty cheese and bacon fat down my chin to take any pictures but HOLY COW BETWEEN BREAD, these burgers are amazing. The location is fairly small and intimate, which makes it a great date location. If you don’t mind your partner for the night seeing you with lettuce stuck between your teeth it’s a great place to have a chat AND amazing food, away from the bustling crowd. What’s more, ANY guy would love a gal that would suggest meat and craft beers for a date. I had their famous ‘Honest’ burger with bacon and cheese and it comes with the most heavenly rosemary salted fries, that, wait for it, YOU CAN HAVE CURRY SAUCE WITH. Honest Burgers also serve delicious ‘Cup’ cocktails and at £6 each – they are divine. I went for the ‘Botanic Garden’ which has gin (always great), Apple, elderflower and lime. Just speaking about it now has me salivating. Or maybe I’m thinking about the guy that could take me?
2. London has some of the most beautiful parks. During my summer holiday, I went for a picnic with a bunch of friends to Battersea Park and it made me think that it would be a great date location, there’s mini golf, pedalo boats and lots of gorgeous places where you can have a sit down, ice cream and discussion over why their last girlfriend dumped them.
3. Summer is admittedly over but one date location London does really well is the ole rooftop bar. I went to the one at the Bussey Building in Peckham, which was great. Whilst these Autumn nights are still warm and fairly dry, it’s worth seeing if you can grab a couple of cocktails with one of your matches to make the most of it.
4. If you happen to meet your ideal guy, who also happens to be a bit of a film buff, like yourself, then what’s a better date than an outdoor cinema? I’ve done it in Kew Gardens in the torrential rain, Hampton Court in the freezing cold and on my local green in the blazing sun. The weather is no excuse to miss out on these fun theatrical events. In fact – the colder it is, the more excuse you have to snuggle up to your squeeze! Check out the Rooftop Film Club and Luna Cinema for their future showings.
5. Let’s face it. Dates can be bloody awkward. Sometimes conversation stalls. Sometimes the LOLz you were having over messages don’t translate to real life. So why not go somewhere where all the chuckles are provided? I went with a couple of friends to the #SwiftGigs comedy show at the Hippodrome which featured the comedian, Chris Ramsey. It was such a small and HILARIOUS show it felt like it’d be great to take bae to. Those run of gigs have now finished but London has so many comedy venues, it’s worth keeping your eyes peeled for any last minute shows to suggest to your future husband. He’ll absolutely love the suggestion.
Where would you suggest I not so subtlely hint at my next date taking me to?
I feel like this could become a mini series so hopefully I’ll be back soon with 5 more things you could do!
This post was written in collaboration with Citizen M but as ever, all views are my own!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.